How To Eliminate Fatigue By Improving Adrenal and Thyroid Health
by Stephen Heuer
1. How Can I tell if my adrenals are fatigued?
· Tend to be a night person.
· Difficulty Falling Asleep.
· Slow starter in the morning.
· Tend to be keyed up, trouble calming down.
· Blood pressure above 120/80.
· You feel tired between 1 and 5 pm and become more alert after 6pm.
· Headache after exercising.
· Feeling wired or jittery after drinking coffee.
· Clinch or grind teeth.
· Calm on the outside, troubled on the inside.
· Chronic low back pain, worse with fatigue.
· Become dizzy when standing up suddenly.
· Difficult maintaining manipulative correction.
· Pain after manipulative correction.
· Arthritic tendencies.
· Crave salty foods.
· Perspire easily.
· Chronic fatigue, or get drowsy often.
· Afternoon yawning.
· Afternoon headache.
· Asthma, wheezing or difficulty breathing.
· Pain on the medial or inner side of the knee
· Tendency to sprain ankles or “shin splints”
· Tendency to need sunglasses.
· Allergies and or hives.
· Weakness, dizziness.
2. What causes fatigue and specifically adrenal fatigue? Fatigue in general can come from allergic reactions to foods. Blood cells clumping together from a bad diet. Blood can’t carry enough oxygen so energy is low. Viral infections, draw upon the liver to produce proteins to support the immune system, this causes fatigue. Fungal infections polluting the body with excess alcohol and yeast toxins, causing clumping of blood and lowered oxygen levels. Eating refined white sugar or fructose in excess amounts, that causes a high insulin response that when repeated over time, causes the cells to become insulin insensitive, which means your cells are not absorbing optimal levels of glucose and therefore make less energy. An acid pH in the body, which lowers oxygen levels and creates inflammation. Inflammation reduces the cells ability to use sugar and make energy, or reduces the ability to make neurotransmitters. A toxic intestinal tract, which is an intestinal tract that has old feces in it and the growth of putrefactive organisms. The toxins produced in this kind of intestinal environment, absorb into the bloodstream, causing fatigue, inflammation, congestion, headaches, bad breath, a protruding belly and all manner of diseases. The adrenals can be damage by, nutritional deficiencies, stress, drugs, Heavy metals, refined nutrient poor foods or toxins of any kind.
3. If I want more energy, what do I need to know? The intestinal tract has to be clean and the liver has to function well. Then what you put into your body must take care of nourishing the two primary organs responsible for energy production are the Thyroid and the Adrenals. Keeping these two organs in top shape will insure you are likely to have more energy. Sleeping deeply each night for 6-8 hours insures the Adrenals and Thyroid are able to repair and gain reserve energy for the following day.
4. What time should a person with fatigue go to bed? The hours of sleep prior to midnight are more restorative than after midnight, this has to do in part with the maximum growth hormone output being attained in the first 2 hours of sleep. A classic sign of someone with Adrenal fatigue is that they become more awake at night. Tending to stay up late. Either train yourself to get to bed by 10pm or take the 2 caps of Magnesium at dinner and 2 caps of Healthy Sleep when you lie down, to encourage going to sleep by 10pm.
5. How best can I support my Adrenals with Diet? All organic. Identify and eliminate food allergies. However due to allergies, genetic and blood type differences, people have to find out the diet that works for them. Most Adrenal recovery experts endorse using pastured meats in the diet as essential to adrenal recovery. For most people consuming pastured animal proteins according to your ancestral eating habits is probably the best way to eat. Also known as the Weston A. Price type diet.
6. Many people suffer from fatigue related to damaged or undernourished Adrenals and Thyroid, what have you found to be the most effective supplementation to give back an abundance of energy on a daily basis? In order for a gland or organ to be rebuilt the heavy metals and toxins need to be removed first or at the same time as the rebuilding process. The detoxifying supplementation requires: One World Whey, Pectaclear, TMG and Liqui Min (if you’re already detoxified then skip this step). The supplements that support immediate improvement of energy and rebuilding are Super Sports, B Complex Plus, Baobab Fruit Powder, Liqui Min, Intracal, ADR Medix, THYR Medix, Synergy One, DHEA 25mg, Zinc 30mg.
7. What is most needed to get the Thyroid and Adrenals to produce optimal levels of their energy producing hormones? The energy producing hormones from the Thyroid is thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3). The energy producing hormones from the Adrenals are adrenaline and noradrenaline. It is not the steroid hormones from the adrenal cortex such as testosterone or androstenedione that produce energy. It is the medulla portion of the adrenal glands that produce the energy producing hormones of adrenaline and noradrenaline. The Thyroid and Adrenal Hormones, thyroxine, adrenaline and noradrenaline are made from the same amino acid. The main amino acid responsible for becoming the building block for these important hormones and neurotransmitters is phenylalanine. Phenylalanine is the most vital amino acid needed by our bodies to give us a good mood, energy and drive. Enough Phenylalanine suppresses appetite by producing the appetite suppressant hormone CCK. Phenylalanine also converts into Phenylethylamine, which is the neurotransmitter that is causes feelings of happiness and love. Phenylethylamine is the compound in chocolate that gives people a happier mood. Taking just Phenylalanine or Tyrosine by itself is not nearly as effective as taking Phenylalanine in a formula. The most powerful way to introduce Phenylalanine supplementally into the body that I’ve found over the years is in a very unique free form amino acid formula. Free form Amino Acids are very powerful and in many situations work best when taken in a complete formula. The complete formula that I’ve been using with the most success is Super Sports. This 16 amino acid formula is unique because of the ratios of the amino acids and the specific amino acids used. The ratios are the key to driving the body to achieve a desired outcome. In this case Super Sports supports the bodies production of Thyroxine, Adrenaline, Noradrenaline and Dopamine. At the same time it supports muscle repair or growth, fat burning, appetite suppression, and positive mood with energy and drive to enjoy your job or task at hand. Super Sports is a fantastic Free Form Amino Acid supplement. I’ve tried many different free form amino acid blends over the last 29 years and Super Sports surpasses any others in its ability to promote energy and drive.
When mercury, fluoride, chlorine or some other toxin has damaged 25 to 50% of your Adrenals or Thyroid. Then that means that 25 to 50% of your Adrenal or Thyroid Glands are now inoperative. This requires you feed the remaining 75 to 50% of your functional Adrenal and Thyroid cells, additional building blocks so they can do 25 to 50% more work. This requires you take something like Super Sports and the other cofactor nutrients to support this greater output of hormones. This kind of supplementation allows your adrenals to stop stressing out, they can now rest because they are nourished enough. They can now produce enough of the energy hormones needed to make the body function optimally, without having to go into a stress response. Resting and rebuilding the adrenals back to an optimal state can take 6 months to 2 years.
8. How would I find out if I had food allergies? That would require you purchase a home based blood test kit called the FIT test for Food Inflammation Test, found on our website, www.sgn80.com.
9. Since sleeping deeply for 6 to 8 hours a night is a crucial element of recovering great Adrenal health, what would you recommend for someone with sleeping problems? Healthy Sleep.
Summary of the products to support restoration of the Adrenal & Thyroid glands, as well as many other aspects of health:
First Priority Supplements:
1. Super Sports: 2-3caps in a.m. and possibly at 2pm also. (Start at 2 caps in a.m. after 3 days you can increase to 3 caps if you feel the need, if you still get afternoon fatigue on 2-3 caps in a.m., and then take 2-3 more caps at lunch.)
2. B Complex Plus: 1 cap -2x per day
3. Baobab Fruit Powder: 1tsp -2x per day
4. Liqui Min: 1T-2x per day.
5. Intracal: 2caps 2-3x per day.
To support rebuilding the Adrenal and Thyroid glands take:
6. ADR Medix: 20 drops in a.m. for 6 to 12 months.
7. THYR Medix: 20 drops before lunch for 6 to 12 months.
8. Synergy One: 3 sprays at bedtime and upon arising.
9. DHEA: 25mg -1x in a.m.
10. Zinc 30mg: 1cap -2x per day.
To Encourage Deep Sleep:
11. Healthy Sleep: 2caps at bedtime
To Identify Food Allergies:
12. Food Inflammation Test (FIT): Reveals foods you are allergic to. Avoiding allergy-causing foods will give you much more energy.
If Detoxification of Heavy Metals, Drug Deposits, Pesticides, or any other toxins has not been done yet, then add the following for 3-5 months:
13. One World Whey: 1-2scoops 1-2x per day.
14. Pectaclear: 1cap at each meal.
15. TMG: 1cap 3x per day.
If you’d like to order any of these products, learn more or book an appointment with Nutripath, Stephen Heuer call 888-988-3325 or visit sgn80.com.