How to OWN YOUR SELF – Kelly Brogan, MD
New York Times best-selling author presents a radical alternative to psychotropic meds: discerning the meaning in your symptoms and your struggle as a way to reclaim your health and your self
For years, we’ve been telling ourselves that our difficult feelings–sadness, rage, shame, intensity, worry–are somehow “not okay.” And, all too often, we’ve relied on the promise of pharmaceuticals to tamp them down. The fact is, though, that these feelings are a vital part of our experience. They are real. And those of us who feel them most strongly are the canaries in the coalmine–sensitive to things that are seriously wrong in the world today.
In a book that’s both provocative and promising, holistic psychiatrist Kelly Brogan, M.D., author of A Mind of Your Own, shows us that we don’t have to medicate our mental, emotional, and physical pain away–that the best way out is through. She explodes the mistaken belief that our symptoms–from mood changes to irritability to fogginess and fatigue–are evidence that we are sick or broken. Then she charts a new path to get real, get well, and get free. The journey includes:
- Coming to a new appreciation of the meaning behind symptoms, and whether you are a canary in the coal mine
- Learning the 2 major risks of medication that most doctors are not trained to disclose
- Exploring the 5 reversible physical drivers of so-called mental illness
- Starting the process of radical physical healing with inclusive details of Dr. Brogan’s historymaking 30-day protocol
- Taking an emotional inventory of energy drains and toxic relationships
- Taking a deeper dive into the spiritual awakening and expansion that comes when you reclaim your real self from conventional medicine
- Identifying the most likely places you have given your power away
- Understanding what the science has to say about psychedelics as a tool for awakening
- Navigating health challenges with curiosity and the proper tools
- Guidance, support, and many Travel Tips shared from the trenches!
Our experiences, Dr. Brogan argues, aren’t problems or pathologies; they reflect what we need to accept, acknowledge, and transform in order to truly become who we are. Own Your Self is a journey of healing, and also something more: a journey of coming home to ourselves.
To preorder your copy of Own Your Self, visit the following link: www.kellybroganmd.com/ownyourself
Sayer Ji, founder of GreenMedInfo.com, shares his “book review” and personal story.
“I love this woman, and if you make an effort to learn about her work, I believe you will too. It takes great courage to write a book like this, in more ways than may be immediately apparent. Taking a stand against the over-medication of the world, both in psychiatry and body-focused medicine, is one thing. Few choose to do it, and even fewer with the uncompromising approach of Kelly Brogan, MD. But to explore, expose, and transform one’s own personal shadow as an activist, when this Age gives us a million reasons daily to look outside of ourselves for the causes of our suffering; this takes a form of radical honesty, vulnerability, and commitment to self-work that, euphemisms aside, requires traversing a Dark Night of the Soul. She did. I know because I witnessed it. And I know, she came back with a gift for the collective, now crystallized into this gem of a book. Own Your Self is for anyone who knows, deep down inside that the human spirit and heart is indomitable and indestructible, and believes themselves worthy of experiencing it first hand, without the crutches — mainly the disabling stories we tell ourselves, or let others tell us — that are actually root causes of our suffering. Kelly does not just promise hope, but delivers its visceral essence. After all, she is the living embodiment of it; her authenticity carries through everything she does, including her honesty about how often she fails (and that’s the alchemy!). At a time in history when corporations and the government are laying claim to our bodies like Old World chattel, Own Your Self is the perfect remedy of protection, and manifesto for the resistance (Hint: it starts and ends an inside job). It will help you come home to who you really are, and give you the tools and the existential framework of meaning to stay that way. #ownyourself ” ~ Sayer Ji